News Summary for Tuesday, June 12, 2012
It's actually been a busy day in gaming news. Sony and Nintendo executives are losing bonus money, Silicon Knights is shedding staff, Majesco reported its quarterly financials and in the year 4,000, the planet is a nuclear wasteland. Read on for links and more items...
- Developer Silicon Knights has laid off staff.
- Nintendo has reportedly cut summer bonuses by 20% due to poor company performance.
- Seven Sony executives have reportedly returned their bonuses due to Sony's poor performance.
- Rock, Paper Shotgun directs your attention to this Reddit post about a 10-year-long game of Civilization II that has almost reached the year 4,000 A.D.
- Majesco reported the results of its fiscal second quarter ended April 30, 2012. The company reported net income of $2.7 million, relying on the Zumba franchise.
- Blizzard has launched the Diablo III real-money auction house in the Americas.